Position: Solutions Architect / Developer
C2IT Consulting, Inc. (“C2IT”) is an Indianapolis based technology firm with over 20 years experience in helping organizations achieve more with tech. C2IT designs, builds, and supports data-driven mobile apps, websites, and technology solutions. We increase efficiency and accuracy, save our clients time and money, and integrate technology platforms in ways never before imagined.
The Solutions Architect / Developer (“Employee) will be responsible for helping the sales team investigate client needs and properly documenting a plan to bring them to life. This may include determining a specific set of objectives and requirements need to achieve those objectives. It may also include taking customer-provided requirements and crafting a technical plan around those requirements to bring them to life.
The employee must have a solid understanding of modern software and web architecture, be able to grow into an understanding of the value C2IT brings and the strengths of our team, and have the ability to translate customer needs into a path forward that can be documented, budgeted, set on a calendar with milestones, and executed in a satisfactory fashion.
This employee will be responsible, on the mobile app and custom-software side of the business specifically, for identifying data-centric models and requirements, documenting database requirements and structures, and assisting with the setup of both development and production environments for our clients’ projects.
In a nutshell, this employee will take projects from a concept to a clearly documented project plan, assist with the development of that project plan, and bring client ideas to life.
C2IT is a rapidly developing and growing business, and there are tremendous opportunities for this role to transition into a long term and vital role of design, management, and leadership within our organization.
We want to find someone who is keen to contribute ideas and who loves finding interesting and brilliant solutions to problems.
The projects we are a part of span a wide variety of platforms – web, desktop, and mobile to name a few, so a willingness and excitement to explore new ways to use what we can do to help others is paramount to all of our success.
- Investigate client needs and wants and work alongside the sales team to clearly articulate goals, objectives, and high-level needs
- Gauge the size of projects from the concept stage, and assist the sales team and project manager with the creation of project plans, prototypes, and/or proof of concept endeavors.
- Understand conceptual and written design requirements as provided by a client or C2IT’s business development team.
- Transform design requirements into writing requirements on a conceptual, UI/UX, and technical level.
- Contribute to the creation of proposals including mockups, time and cost estimates, and technical requirements for development and design for websites, custom software, e-commerce systems, and mobile apps.
- Create technical requirement documents and supporting documentation for C2IT or client needs.
- Develop projects according to requirements and alongside the C2IT development team.
- Ensure technical requirements are met during development
- Develop testing plans and ensure they are followed
- Contribute to selection and upkeep of architecture, design, and development tools used
- Stay involved with projects throughout the development lifecycle, ensuring needs are
met and that projects are kept on track.
- 5+ years experience with software architecture from concept stage all the way through delivery.
- 5+ years experience with database design, modeling, and creation including tables, queries, stored procedures, relationships, indexes.
- 3+ years experience coding with C# and managing Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Experience in setting up and maintaining development, staging, and production
environments for projects beyond the initial release stage.
- Ability to take large problems and break them down into specific tasks that can be managed, documented, and completed.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and via electronic mediums
- A willingness to speak your voice and share ideas with the entire team, including
ownership, about on-target and off-target opportunities
- A willingness to be persistent and commit to personal growth
Nice to Have
- Experience with C# MVC and Web Forms technologies
- Experience with Xamarin mobile app development
- Experience with VB.NET programming technologies
- Experience with older database and software technologies, including Visual Basic and
- Experience with source control
- Experience with cloud-based modeling tools
- Knowledge of PHP coding, specifically within the WordPress environment
- Ability to demonstrate application of technical skills and understanding of above
technologies in the “real world,” such as products produced for paying clients, published
web applications, and/or a portfolio of digital content produced.
- Experience with project management and bug-tracking tools
- Goal-driven performer
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on producing results that matter
- Willingness to use an existing toolbox of development tools, but also a willingness to
contribute and suggest alternatives as they are available
- Ability and willingness to work alongside outside developers, designers, and vendors
- Ability to learn on-the-fly, whether by independent research, proof of concept
development, or working together as a team
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve personal growth while being a part of
something bigger that one’s self
C2IT creates and implements technology solutions for small scale organizations with an economy of scale that typically only larger companies can afford. We accomplish this through strategic partnerships with innovative first clients and a future-focused product life-cycle that consistently produces new lines of business and propels the company into new niches, markets, and industry.
At C2IT, we not only help small-scale organizations – we ARE a small-scale organization. Born out of a vision to help “the little guy” do more than he ever imagined he could, we too know how important it is to build a team that truly works together. Our small staff is highly cross-trained, works together on every project, and this provides great opportunities for continual growth and advancement within our business.
If you have an interest in professional growth while becoming an integral part of a growing business, it’s time to consider joining C2IT Consulting, Inc.
For more information about our company, please visit www.c2itconsulting.net.
To submit your resume, send please send it along with a cover letter with how you think you might fit into this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.